If you like this site, please support us by spreading
We have made it easy to let your friends know about
us. Just click on the Recommend-It icon below.
|A Realistic Interpretation of your PC's Messages
- It says: "Press Any Key"
It means: "Press any key you like but I'm not moving."
- It says: "Press A Key"
(This one's a programmer's joke. Nothing happens unless you press the
- It says: "Fatal Error. Please contact technical support quoting error no. 1A4-2546512430E"
It means: "... where you will be kept on hold for
10 minutes, only to be told that it's a hardware problem."
- It says: "Installing program to C:\<Directory>...."
It means: "... And I'll also be writing a few files into c:\windows
and c:\windows\system where you'll NEVER find them."
- It says: "Please insert disk 11"
It means: "Because I know darn well there are only 10 disks."
- It says: "Not enough memory"
It means: "I don't CARE if you've got 64MB of RAM, I want to use the
bit below 640K."
- It says: "Cannot read from drive D:...."
It means: "... However, if you put the CD in right side up..."
- It says: "Please Wait...."
It means: "... Indefinitely."
- It says: "Directory does not exist...."
It means: ".... any more. Whoops."
- It says: "The application caused an error. Choose Ignore or Close."
It means: "....Makes no difference to me, you're still not getting your work back."